The Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife, Inc. (CROW) is celebrating World Migratory Bird Day!
While migratory birds start their lengthy adventure every 12 months, they exhaust a vital quantity of power in doing so.
We can all do small issues to make their travels more uncomplicated!
1. Turn off useless lighting and pull the blinds. Birds use the celebrities and the moon to navigate their approach and synthetic gentle can disrupt their herbal compass.
2. Keep cats indoors and create an “outdoor” enrichment house for them like a catio!
3. Place tape decals or cling a wind chime in entrance of home windows to cause them to extra visual to birds and keep away from collisions.
4. Follow the tips on your space based on HPAI (Avian Flu). If it’s secure and steered, put out chicken feeders and chicken baths and you should definitely blank them incessantly.
5. Plant local plants. If you’ll’t put chicken feeders out, plant some local fruit/berry generating trees and/or bushes to reinforce migrating and year-round chicken populations!
Happy Migration and Baby Season!